Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Let's talk about a happier subject - Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all you dads! Being a father has been one of the real privileges of my life.

I have four great kids and raising them was often a challenge, but always a joy. My three girls - Cristy, Jenny, and Amy - taught me what a household of girls was like. I grew up with only a brother, so this was definitely new territory, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it - and I am hopefully both older and wiser in this department now. My son Matt gave me a taste of what I was like for my parents. There was the inevitable head-butting (both of us put holes in the wall during our teenage years and for the same reason) but there were also the many shared moments that fathers and sons enjoy that are special years later.

Adulthood has brought new "kids" into the family - Glenn, Jocelyn and Mark - all of whom have been wonderful additions. And there are now grandchildren, all but one of whom are pictured above. Great kids; great life. I am blessed. Psalms 127:3-5. Happy Father's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment